Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College – Courses | Cut Off and more
A brief history
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College (DDUC) is one of the constituent colleges of Delhi University. Located at Phase 1, Dwarka Sector-3, New Delhi, the college was established by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi on August 1990, in the memory of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
Did you know?
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya is fully funded by Government of Delhi and is the first college of Delhi University to get NAAC Accreditation- National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Dedicated and enthusiastic students, administration and self-motivated faculty members are the pillars which keep the institution intact. DDUC aims to develop its students into well-rounded personalities, rather than just articles of wisdom.
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA COLLEGE- CUT OFF
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is among the highly reputed colleges in Delhi University (DU). Due to which DDUC cut offs are very high. As a result, this year the cut off for the popular courses mounted up to 96.5%. The cut off trends of the previous years indicate how well recognized, well established and prestigious the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is.
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA COLLEGE (DDUC) DELHI- FACILITIES
Since Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College was ranked 9th in a list of “general degree” colleges in the 2017 Ministry of Human Resource Development’s National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings. The new campus of the college is a state of the art building, built on a plot of 7.7 acres in Sector 3, Dwarka. Furthermore, It is a multi-storey building consisting of one basement and seven floors.
Consequently, the college also has a water recycling plant and a rain water harvesting system in it. The college campus holds over 2200 students in which the students get a chance to develop as a whole by indulging in the wide variety of extra-curricular activities which the college provides.
DDUC campus has the following facilities available in its complex:
- Medical Room
- Parking in basement as well as on the surface
- Full power back up of 1000 KW
- Facility for Table Tennis, Gymnasium and Carrom Board
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- Boys common room
- Girls common room
- Two seminar halls
- Air-conditioned dining hall in the mess of each hostel
- Indoor squash and badminton court
- Guest house
- Air-conditioned Cafeteria
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA COLLEGE- COURSE DETAILS
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College proffers B.Sc, B.Com and B.A courses in various streams. Also, the college also provides Certificate Course in Russian Language and has recently started a certificate course in French. Given below are the courses that Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College offers:
- B.Com. (Hons)
- B.Sc. Physical Sciences (Chemistry)
- B.Sc. Physical Sciences (Computer Science)
- B.Sc. Life Sciences
- B.Sc. Mathematical Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Botany
- B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Electronics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
- B.A. (Hons) English
- B.A. Programme
- Bachelor in Management Studies
- Effective Communication and Personality Development through Theatre (ECPDT)
- Integrated Program on Currency, Commodities and Derivatives/Financial Modeling
- Certificate Course in Russian language
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA COLLEGE- FEE STRUCTURE
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya receives a 100% grant from the Government of NCT of Delhi and so the fee charged by the college is quite affordable for the students. Hence, given below is the course fee of DDUC (Excluding University Examination Fee*):
- Com (Hons)/B.A. – Rs. 10,460.00
- Sc. (Hons) Electronics/Botany/Zoology/Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics-Rs. 10,460.00
- Sc. (Hons) Computer Science – Rs. 26,460.00
- Sc. Physical Science/Life Science/Mathematical Science – Rs.10,460.00
- A. (Hons) English – Rs. 11,460.00
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)/Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) – 14,460.00
- Fee for PwD candidates for all courses – 1,730.00
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA COLLEGE DELHI HIGHLIGHTS:
- Large number of academic and cultural societies: In DDUC, there are many academic and cultural societies that are open for all DDUC students to join. As a result, these societies include: KALAMKAAR- The Literary Society of DDUC, YAVANIKA- The Theatre Society, SANGYAAN- The Quizzing Society, Debating society, Music society, Women Development Cell and many more.
Since, DDUC also has various subject societies as a result, every degree-awarding department of the institute has a society to look into the all-round development of the students in co-curricular, technical and extra-curricular activities. The various subject societies include:
- Silizium- Department of Electronics
- Sanganika – Department of Computer Science
- Harish Chandra Mathematical Society –Department of Mathematics
- Abhivyakti – Humanities
- Zest- Department of English
- Spettro – Department of Management Studies
- Optizone- Operational Research
- CommUnity – Department of Commerce
- Covalence- Department of Chemistry
- Kalpavriksha – Department of Botany
- Aryabhatta Science Forum – Department of Physics
- Synapses – Department of Zoology
- Kalrav- Annual DDUC Fest: Usually organised in February-March every year, Kalrav is the annual festival of DDUC. It is a union of the activities of all societies and departments of the college. Kalrav has events and competitions of Music, Drama, Dance, Model UN and various other informal events. The previous Star nights at Kalrav have witnessed performances by the famous youth icons like Indian Ocean, Mika, The Circus, etc.
- Zucitva- Annual Commerce Festival of DDUC: Zucitva is the Annual Commerce Festival of DDUC organized by the Department of Commerce every year. Zucitva includes events like Forensic Accounting, Marketing Management, Mock Stock, Business Plan, etc. These events provide a platform to students all over India to uplift themselves and harness their skills in the most optimum and innovative way.
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA COLLEGE- DDUC PLACEMENT
The DDUC placement cell greatly helps in boosting the confidence of its students. Some of DDUC recruiters in the previous years:
- 2013-14: Libsys, Aon Hewitt, Genpac, TCS, Protivity
- 2014-15: Axis Risk Consultancy, WIPRO Wista, TCS, E-Age Company, HIKE Placement agency, Smartican
- 2015-16: Wipro, Ernst And Young, ICICI Bank, Royal Bank Of Scotland, Bajaj Capital , Smartex, Bluegape, Greymeter, Zomato Food Blogger, Social Media Interns Spoon University, Wipro Earthian, Josh Talks, Feeding India, Tailshift, Walk Leaders, Talent4assure and Teach For India.
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA COLLEGE- ALUMNI
The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College alumni is remarkable, with a great number of brilliant and out-standing students passing out from it in the previous years.
KOYAL RANA: Koyal Rana did her undergraduate programme in Bachelor of Business Studies from Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College and in 2014; she graduated with distinction as a business student at the University of Delhi. Koyal Rana is an Indian model, dancer and beauty pageant title holder who was crowned Femina Miss India 2014 beauty pageant. She represented India in Miss World 2014 which was held in London. In 2012, Koyal Rana co-founded a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) named Moksha Foundation. She has been extensively involved in the promotion of the organisation and all its activities.
Make sure you like our Facebook page for latest updates.