Delhi University Admission Form 2017: Delhi University is all set to start the admission process for the academic year 2017-18. DU Admission Committee has decided that the varsity will begin the Undergraduate admission process from May 22. Delhi University Admission Forms 2017 will be available online only from May 22 to June first week. The DU Admission forms for Sports and ECA (Extra Curricular Activites) will also be available online only. The fees of the application form for General category applicants and for reserved category will also be announced very soon. The offline admission forms will not be available this year. The registrations are kept ‘online only’ as per the instructions of UGC.
Delhi University Online Admissions 2017-18
The university will start its online admissions process from May 22. The schedule for is listed below :
- Undergraduate Merit Based Programmes: 22nd May, 2017
- Undergraduate Entrance Based Programmes: 31st May, 2017
- Post Graduate Programmes: 31st May, 2017
- M.Phil./Ph.D Programmes: 31st May, 2017
DU is expected to release five cut-off lists this year. The first cut off will be out in the last week of June. Delhi University has 70 colleges affiliated to it. The cut-off lists will be available on Delhi University website www.du.ac.in, the individual DU colleges’ websites and http://duadmissions.co.in. This year, the DU college admission fees will also be received online only. The students won’t have to get any Demand Drafts. Delhi Universtiy enrolls 54,000 students every year in various courses such as B. A, B.Sc, B.Com., the centralised admission would make this process very smooth and easy.
The students will only have to visit the colleges to submit their Class 12th certificates and fee receipts. The original documents will then be verified and admission will be granted.
DU UG Entrance Exams 2017
The University carries out entrance exams only for Management courses. The courses include BBE (Bachelor of Business Economics), BMS (Bachelor of Business Studies), BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies) etc. The DU syllabus for the entrance test for UG courses is based on the academic syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
The registration for entrance based exams begins from 31st May, 2017 along with Postgraduate and M.Phil. and Ph.D courses. A separate form is required to be filled to get into these courses. The admissions are provided on the basis of the merit. But since only a few DU Colleges offer these very sought after courses, the competition is very high.
Some of the most prominent Delhi University colleges for these courses include Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (CBS), Gargi College and Deen Dayal Upadhyay College.
DU UnderGraduate courses – How to Apply / Application form
Follow these steps to apply for the Delhi University Admissions 2017 :
- DU opens up its online registration process from May 22.
- Visit http://www.du.ac.in to fill the form. (we’ll post the active form links here as well)
- Fill the DU Admission Form 2017, make sure you check all the fields twice before submitting.
- Make the online payment, which is going to be somewhere around Rs. 100 for general category students and Rs. 50 for others.
- Take a print out of the form and the payment receipt.
- Sit back and relax, wait for the first cut off for the 2017-18 session. (Don’t forget to subscribe to our website and like our facebook page to get the latest DU Admissions 2017 updates 🙂
Check out the screenshot of the online application form below.
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have any other query related to Delhi University Admissions feel free to reach us at [email protected] or you can comment below, we’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Also don’t forget to subscribe to our website and like our facebook page to get all the DU Admission Updates instantaneously.