Kirori Mal College (KMC) Delhi – A brief History : Kirori Mal College popularly known as KMC is one of the constituent colleges of Delhi University (DU). The college as it is known today, was established in 1954. The college completed its 50 years back in February 2004. Kirori Mal College cut off are set very high as the number of students seeking admission in this college is very high. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Humanities, Science and Commerce and KMC DU consists of 20 departments. On 1 June, 2001, it became the first college of Delhi University to begin online admissions in the country.
Kirori Mal College Cut off
Kirori Mal College is a north campus college and just like every other north campus college, KMC is a very sought after University of Delhi college. A large number of students wish to get into this college and due to this reason Kirori Mal College Cut Off are very high. Last year, the first cut off for popular courses stood at 97%, which is very high.
Check Out : List of Top Delhi University Colleges
Kirori Mal College (KMC) Delhi
The college campus has a strength of 4227 students and Kirori Mal College has 200 highly qualified teaching faculty. The college also has a hostel inside the campus which makes it easy for outstation students to stay in Delhi. The college has a well maintained library which has more than 1.5 lakh books.
Kirori Mal College courses details :
The college offers Undergraduate courses in Arts, Science and Commerce streams. For Postgraduate students KMC offers Masters degrees in Arts and Science streams only. Following are the Kirori Mal College courses offered under different streams:
|B.A. (Hons) Economics
B.A. (Hons) English
B.A. (Hons) Geography
B.A. (Hons) Hindi
B.A. (Hons) History
B.A. (Hons) Political Science
B.A. (Hons) Sanskrit
B.A. (Hons) Urdu
M.A. Political Science
|B.Sc. Applied Physical Science (Computer Science)
B.Sc. Applied Physical Science (Analytical Chemistry)
B.Sc. Life Sciences
B.Sc. Physical Sciences
B.Sc. (Hons) Botany
B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
B.Sc. (Hons) Statistics
B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology
M.Sc. Operational Research
Kirori Mal College Fees
Just like most of the other Delhi University colleges, KMC’s fee structure is favorable to students. The college charges around 12,000 ruppess a year for B.A. courses, Rs. 15,000/year for B.Sc. Courses and around Rs. 11,000 for B.Com Courses. For Postgraduate or Masters courses the fees is a bit high as compared to UG courses. The Table showing fees for different courses if below:
Kirori Mal College Delhi Highlights
- Recruitment: Some of the top corporate houses visit the campus for placements, some of these companies are ABN Amro, Google, McKinsey & Co., Taj Group and Wipro.
- A large number of cultural societies: Kirori Mal College houses few of the best college societies of Delhi University. These societies carry out a lot of extracurricular activities through out the year which make learning more fun. The college has Film, Debate, Music society and many others, pretty much something for every student.
- Round table society: This unique society seeks to create links across several disciplines and facilitate interdisciplinary discourses, networking and application of academic insights to various societal aspects.
- Renaissance – Annual Kirori Mal College Fest: The college is famed for its wide gamut of cultural programmes round the year including the much acclaimed Renaissance, one of the best fests of entire DU.
Kirori Mal College Notable Alumni
Kirori Mal College has a long list of Notable Alumni. Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Shakti Kapoor and Politicians like G.P. Koirala and Naveen Patnaik have studied in this prestigious Delhi University College. Following are some of the Notable KMC Alumni:
- Amitabh Bachchan – actor
- Vikas Antil – social activist
- Satish Kaushik – Indian film director, producer and actor
- Shakti Kapoor – actor
- Divyendu Sharma – actor
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda – actor
- Siddharth Narayan – actor
- Ravi Baswani – film actor
- Sushant Singh – film and television actor
- Vijay Raaz – film actor
- Prashant Narayanan – actor
- Manish Chaudhury – film and television actor
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub – actor
- G.P. Koirala – Prime Minister of Nepal
- Naveen Patnaik -Indian politician, Chief Minister of Odisha, India and the chief of Biju Janata Dal
- Madanlal Khurana – former Chief Minister of Delhi
- Pravesh Verma, Delhi politician
- Rangarajan Kumaramangalam -politician
- suresh kanojeaINC -politics
- Sanjivan Lal – film maker
- Abhay Kumar – poet, artist and diplomat
- M.S. Kohli – Indian mountaineer
- Dinesh Thakur – theatre director
- Krishna Kumar Kunnath, playback singer popularly known as KK
- Kabir Khan – film maker
- Saeed Naqvi – journalist
- Manish Makhija – VJ
Don’t forget to subscribe to our website in order to get all the latest Delhi University updates like Kirori Mal College cut off 2016 right in your inbox! Also, like DU Admissions Facebook page for instant updates on Facebook.