The Delhi University (DU) has already started rolling out the November/December 2015 Semester results and it is quite obvious that not everyone is going to get favorable result. A large number of students would be left utterly shocked with their performance. But there is always a second option and in this case it is Delhi University (DU) Result Revaluation. Though the option of DU revaluation was taken down in October 2013 but DU Result Rechecking was introduced again a year later in October 2014, thanks to the continued protests by students and Delhi University Students Union (DUSU)
According to the official Delhi University Information Center, “Result Revaluation means to reevaluate the paper of a particular subject completely. For this, a candidate has to completely surrender his/her original marks of a particular subject and accept the final result as declared by the University as a result of revaluation.”
Delhi University (DU) Result Revaluation
1) Steps to get DU Revaluation Application form : –
(a) Go to official Delhi University Website : www.du.ac.in
(b) Click Forms (Left side, under Useful Links)
(c) go to Student related form
(d) Download Delhi University Revaluation request form (revised) from there, you can also download DU Rechecking Request Form.
2) DU Result Revaluation Fees:-The student will be levied a fee of Rs 1000 per paper for the Delhi University Result Revaluation, this amount will have to be paid to University of Delhi along with the DU Rechecking application form.
Also Read : DU New Semester Schedule
3) Documents required:- Photocopy of current statement of marks for verification of roll number including the marks and subject for which verification is sought.
4) Verification required: – The required documents are need to be verified by the the Principal/ Head of the college or Institution along with stamp and signature.
5) Timing: – The timing to submit the forms are – 9:30 am to 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
6) Submission: – Candidates are advised to submit their request to Revaluation Cell Counter
NORTH CAMPUS – (Window No. 1), Examination Branch, North Campus, University of Delhi- 110007
SOUTH CAMPUS – (Window No. 1), Examination Branch, South Campus, University of Delhi- 110002
7) Result: – The DU Revaluation Result 2015 may be issued by post within the 45th to 60th day of submission of form or shall be uploaded on the website as per the notification of University of Delhi.
Rules and Regulations of Delhi University Revaluation:
- The University allows Revaluation only for the theory papers of non professional courses, which have not been jointly valued.
- The University of Delhi does not accept application to recheck additional papers. Therefore it is very necessary to select the papers carefully for DU Answer sheet rechecking with utmost care.
- Result Revaluation is to be applied for within 15 days of the date of uploading of results on the Delhi University website.
- The Candidate is required to produce a photocopy of his/her current Admission Ticket and/or statement of marks for verification of Roll No., marks etc., at the time of submission of Application Form for revaluation and also to attach self address envelop of 9”x4” size with Postal Stamp worth `5 affixed, for sending Delhi University revaluation result.
Download Delhi University Result Revaluation form here :-
The DU Result Revaluation form can be downloaded from the link provided. It is a .pdf file and the candidate is required to take out a print out of the same for using it for revaluation purposes. Recheck form, Revaluation Form
DU students who apply for rechecking of their answerbooks should be careful to note that:
- When you apply for revaluation of your answesheets, you surrender your original performance and will now accept the revised performance:
a) there can be NO CHANGE, b) there can be INCREASE in the marks, c) there can be DECREASE in the marks
- The application is to be made by the candidate in his/her own handwriting and under his/her own signature and not by anyone else on his/her behalf.
- If the award of the revaluation varies from the original award up to and including +5% of the maximum marks, the original award will stand.
- If the award of the first revaluator is beyond + 5% and up to + 10%, the average of the marks of original examiner and the first revaluator will be taken.
- If the award of the revaluator varies from the original award by more then + 10% of the minimum marks, the answer script will be examined by a Second revaluator (Other than original and first) and the average of the two nearest awards out of the three awards thus available (including the original award) shall be taken as final.
We wish the best to all the candidates who are applying for DU Result Revaluation! Stay tuned for more DU News