*Hansraj College Delhi University (DU) – Cut Off | Courses | Fees
Hansraj College Delhi University (DU) – A brief History : Hans Raj College was founded in 1948 is a constituent college of the University of Delhi (DU) and a premier institution of the DAV Managing Committee. It provides courses in Commerce, Science and Liberal Arts. Hansraj Colleg DU has built famous alumni who are well known nationally and internationally and have a successful established career.
Hansraj College Delhi has been founded in the memory of Mahatma Hans Raj, who was an educationist and religious organizer. The infrastructure of the college was finally installed on 3rd October 1954 by Honorable Ex-President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad. Hansraj College is one of those colleges of Delhi University which possesses many world famous alumni who have attained success in various fields such as armed forces, television, media, civil services, public life, etc.
The college offered preparatory courses in Arts and Sciences, BA (Pass), BA (Hons.) in Sanskrit, Hindi, English and Mathematics. Economics honors was added later. Students were also enrolled for B.Sc. (Gen.) and (Hons.) courses but the classes for these were held in the University.
Hansraj College DU Cut Off
Hansraj College is affiliated to Delhi University and just like other North Campus colleges, Hansraj College cut offs are very high each year, as a huge number of students want to get enrolled in the college. Due to this reason, we have witnessed the first cut off of few courses in the year 2015 such as B.A (H) Economics as 98%, 97.5% for B.A (H) English and 97.25% for B.Com (H).
The college generated second cut off list on 29 June 2015 which displayed the cut off for B.A (H) Economics as 97.5%, 96.75% for B.A (H) English and 97% for B.Com (H). Clearly visible not much of a change between the first and second cut off list, hence proving the degree of completion within students for getting a seat in Hansraj College.
Check Out : Predict Your Delhi University College
You can download the previous year’s Hansraj College cut offs from these links 2015 2014 2013. The previous year cut off trend suggest that Hansraj College cut off 2016-17 are also going to be very high. Also, you can predict which Delhi University College you might get at the time of DU Admissions 2016 using your expected or actual class 12th percentage by this simple tool.
Hansraj College (DU) Course Details
Hans Raj College offers Undergraduate courses, Postgraduate courses, integrated courses (UG+G) and Certification or Diploma courses in various fields. Following are the courses offered in different streams:
|Undergraduate||Postgraduate||Integrated (UG + PG)||Certificate/Diploma/Others|
|B.A. (Hons) Economics|
B.A. (Hons) English
B.A. (Hons) Hindi
B.A. (Hons) History
B.A. (Hons) Sanskrit
B.A. (Hons) Urdu
B.Sc. Life Sciences
B.Sc. (Hons) Botany
B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science
B.Sc. (Hons) Electronics
B.Sc. (Hons) Geology
B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology
MSc Operational Research
|MSc Earth Science||Diploma French Language|
Certificate Course French Language
Diploma German Language
Certificate Course German Language
Check Out : DU B.Com (Hons.) Admission Forms 2016
Hans Raj College Fee Structure
The fee structure of Hans Raj College, like many other colleges of Delhi University, is very much affordable by students belonging to middle class families. The average fees per year for courses like B.Sc. is INR 17,848 and INR 12,339 for MA. The table displaying fees of various courses is shown below
Hans raj Colleg Delhi Highlights
Placements HRC has many companies visiting which offers an average package of 3 Lakh Rupees. Companies such as Accenture, Samsung, Airtel, McKinsey & Co., Smart Cube, etc. have visited the campus for placements.
Cultural societies starting from student union to dance, English Literary, etc. HRC possesses various societies which organizes many extracurricular activities that keeps every student engaged in various tasks that suits their interest.
Some of the societies of HRC are as follows:
- Hans Raj College Students Union
- Terpsi Chorean: Choreography Society
- Hans Raj Dramatics Society
- Ordinateur: Computer Science Society
- Society of General Awareness
- Pixels: Photography Society
- Swaranjali: Music Society
- Enactus Hans Raj
- Illuminati: Quizzing Society
- Oorja: Western Dance Society
- English Literary Society
- Ostraca: The Creative Writing Society
- Debating Society
- Colloquium: Group Discussion Forum
- NCC, NSS etc.
- Confluence, Annual Cultural Festival
- Leaders for Tomorrow Hans Raj
Spic Macay Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst the Youth.
Spic Macay focuses in promoting India’s diverse culture and heritage by various methods such as cinema classics, intensives, theater, debates, heritage walks, cinema classics, Puppet Theater, craft workshops and Meditation or Yoga.
Spic Macay is India’s biggest non-profit and non-political voluntary youth movement which was founded by Dr. Kiran Seth in the year 1977 at IIT, Delhi. For his great work, Dr. Kiran was later awarded with Padma Shri in the year 2009 by the Government of India.
Notable Alumni of Hans Raj College
HRC has a number of renowned alumni, one of them being the world famous actor, Shah Rukh Khan. Apart from him Ajay Maken- sports minister, Vinod Dua- the famous news journalist.
A list of alumni are as follows:
- Shah Rukh Khan– Super Star Bollywood Actor
- Aarti Bajaj– Film editor
- Abhinav Kashyap– Filmmaker
- Aditya Jha– Entrepreneur
- Ajay Maken– MP, Sports Minister
- Anil Aggrawal– Forensic Pathologist
- Anurag Kashyap– Filmmaker
- Palash Sen – Actor, musician
- Gopal Subramaniam– Solicitor General of India
- Jai Prakash Agarwal– Member of Parliament, Chairman House Committee, LS Indian Political Party-Congress Party
- Kabir Sadanand– Actor/director
- Kiren Rijiju– – MP, Union minister
- Kushal Tandon– Actor
- Lobsang Sangay– Kalon Tripa (Prime Minister), Tibet A Government-in-exile
- Munish Chandra Puri– Mathematician
- Naveen Jindal– Industrialist, Politician
- Partha Dasgupta– Frank Ramsey Professor (Economics), Cambridge University
- Parvin Dabas– Actor
- Rannvijay Singh– Actor, VJ MTV India
- Rohan Mehra– Actor,Model.
- Sabyasachi Chakrabarty– Actor
- Sheeba Chadha– Actress
- Shiney Ahuja– Actor
- Subhash Saini– NASA scientist
- Susmit Sen– musician, Indian Ocean
- Tarsem Singh– Hollywood Director
- Vijay Kumar Malhotra– Politician BJP Indian Political Party
- Vinod Dua– Eminent Journalist
Don’t forget to subscribe to our website in order to get all the latest Delhi University updates like Hansraj College cut off 2016 right in your inbox! Also, like DU Admissions Facebook page for instant updates on Facebook.